Sample Gala Evening
- The Glamis Welcome: After your guests have been driven down the mile-long majestic avenue, they will receive a traditional Scottish welcome from the castle piper (optional).
- Reception in the Drawing Room: Entertain your guests – as the Strathmore family has done for generations – with pre-dinner hospitality in the warmth and elegance of the 17th Century Drawing Room.
- Castle Tour: Your guests will be enchanted by the magic of Glamis as they set off on a private tour of the State Rooms and Royal Apartments before dinner.
- Gala Dinner: Basking in the rich glow of a roaring log fire, your party will enjoy the finest local produce and Scottish cuisine in the panelled splendour of the Victorian Dining Room.
- Personalised Place Settings: Menus and place cards embossed with the Strathmore family crest will be personalised to suit the occasion.
- Floral Decorations: Adding to the magnificent setting will be silver candelabra arrangements combining the seasonal flowers and foliage from the Castle gardens.
- After Dinner: A selection of after-dinner liqueurs, brandy and The Strathmore malt whisky can be served at the end of the evening (optional).
- Gift from Glamis: Ensure that the memory of Glamis remains by presenting your guests with the castle’s beautifully illustrated guidebook. Other gifts are available at extra cost.
- Fond Farewell: As a spectacular finale, we can arrange a Pipe Band to perform the Beat the Retreat ceremony in front of the floodlit Castle (optional).