Glamis Castle staff are committed to monitoring and reducing the impact of our activities on the environment, and as a result, we have established a number of environmental objectives which are reviewed regularly.
- Efficiency – we aim to install energy efficient lighting and appliances where possible.
- Recycling – we are committed to re-using and recycling as much of our waste materials as possible.
- Local Produce – we strive to purchase local produce where viable in order to reduce the impact of transportation on the environment, and to support the local economy.
- Transport – we recognise the impact of our visitors travelling to and from the Castle and encourage visitors to use public transport if and when possible.
- Wildlife & Landscape – we continue to enhance the grounds of Glamis Castle and to protect the flora and fauna present.
- Our Staff – are regularly trained in areas relevant to their roles including environmental issues and initiatives.
- We stay abreast of, and comply with, all relevant environmental legislation.
- We continue to investigate measures which reduce the consumption of raw materials (especially water, electricity and gas).
- We continually strive to minimise the risk of pollutant disposal to water, land and air.