2nd JUNE 2018 | 10:00 - 16:30
Steve Haden Ba(PD), member of GTCS & IOL Bushcraft SIG and Leave No Trace is set to host Foundation Bushcraft Skills (one day courses) in the grounds of Glamis Castle.
June 2nd | June 23rd | July 21st | August 1st | August 4th
£30 pp or £60 family ticket (2 adults 2 Children under 14)
Steve Haden | 07971535099 | Steve.email@example.com
Whether you are a complete novice or just love the outdoors the Bushcraft foundation skills course will introduce you to the essential skills of bushcraft and survival.
Each course has a core theme with variations depending on weather, group dynamics or abilities.
The emphasis is on fun and hands on experiential learning. No experience is necessary and all equipment is provided (you are welcome to use your own).
Courses generally cover the basic skills required to survive and is based on the four main principles of survival; fire, food, shelter and water. The course adapts to the changing seasons, but below is a typical example:
You will be given practical hands-on experience on;
- How to build an emergency shelter using only natural materials from the woodland.
- Foraging for wild plants and being shown how they can be utilised.
- Taught several different means of establishing a fire including site selection, material selection and the ignition sources while out in the woods.
- Collect and purify contaminated water and make it safe to drink.
2nd June 2018
A full on day of –
- Making a debris shelter
- Plant/tree identification, ethnobotanical uses etc.
- How to make string
- Knife skills and sharpening
- Making a whistle
This course will follow elements of the IOL Bushcraft foundation syllabus. No experience required all course materials are provided. Waterproofs and strong boots are recommended. (Drinks and food can be purchased from Glamis cafe during breaks)
For further information please contact Steven Haden on
07971535099 or firstname.lastname@example.org