From the moment you arrive down the mile long drive you experience the magic of Glamis against the backdrop of the Angus Glens. You will be greeted by the Castle Piper and step inside this fascinating and historic building where you will experience the warmest of Scottish welcomes and hospitality. A gala evening at Glamis will remain a treasured memory for you and your guests long after the event.
For further information please contact us on
01307 840393 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sample Gala Evening
- The Glamis Welcome: After your guests have been driven down the mile-long majestic avenue, they will receive a traditional Scottish welcome from the castle piper (optional).
- Reception in the Drawing Room: Entertain your guests – as the Strathmore family has done for generations – with pre-dinner hospitality in the warmth and elegance of the 17th Century Drawing Room.
- Castle Tour: Your guests will be enchanted by the magic of Glamis as they set off on a private tour of the State Rooms and Royal Apartments before dinner.
- Gala Dinner: Basking in the rich glow of a roaring log fire, your party will enjoy the finest local produce and Scottish cuisine in the panelled splendour of the Victorian Dining Room.
- Personalised Place Settings: Menus and place cards embossed with the Strathmore family crest will be personalised to suit the occasion.
- Floral Decorations: Adding to the magnificent setting will be silver candelabra arrangements combining the seasonal flowers and foliage from the Castle gardens.
- After Dinner: A selection of after-dinner liqueurs, brandy and The Strathmore malt whisky can be served at the end of the evening (optional).
- Gift from Glamis: Ensure that the memory of Glamis remains by presenting your guests with the castle’s beautifully illustrated guidebook. (optional) Other gifts are available at extra cost.
- Fond Farewell: As a spectacular finale, we can arrange a Pipe Band to perform the Beat the Retreat ceremony in front of the floodlit Castle (optional).