Glamis Castle is delighted to announce a charity partnership with Maggie’s Dundee, a cancer care centre based at Ninewells Hospital in Dundee. Maggie’s Dundee is a warm and welcoming place, with qualified professionals on hand to offer an evidence-based core programme of support that has been shown to improve physical and emotional wellbeing.
Maggie’s Dundee relies on voluntary donations to develop its unique, high quality programme of support. The charity’s aim is to make the biggest difference possible to people living with cancer and their family and friends. Maggie’s volunteers will be on hand at a series of upcoming events at Glamis Castle showcasing the story of the centre and raising funds.
Laura Boyd, Maggie’s Centre Fundraiser, said: “We are so delighted that Glamis Castle have chosen Maggie’s Dundee as their charity partner. As a local charity, we support over 9,000 people throughout Tayside who have cancer and their family and friends. We rely entirely on the generosity of our supporters, so this partnership will really help us provide vital cancer support in our community.”
Michael Dahill, one of the centre’s visitors, notes: “This place [Maggie’s Dundee] is absolutely essential. It’s a joyful building which save me from myself.”
Some key facts about Maggie’s:
- Maggie’s has 25 years of experience providing free cancer support and information in centres across the UK.
- Built in the grounds of NHS cancer hospitals, the centres are warm and welcoming, and run by expert staff who help people live well with cancer.
- Maggie’s has been supporting people with cancer throughout the coronavirus crisis over the phone, email and online. This support has helped people 239,000 times during 2020.
- Maggie’s centres are open. This support runs alongside our ongoing phone,
email and digital support.
- The first centre opened in Edinburgh in 1996. Maggie’s now has 24 centres in the UK and a growing international network.
- Maggie’s is funded by voluntary donations.
- Maggie’s President is HRH The Duchess of Cornwall.
- Maggie’s Chief Executive, Laura Lee was awarded a Damehood in 2019 for her services to people with cancer.
To find out more about Maggie’s Dundee and to see how the Centre supports people living with cancer across Tayside please visit the Centre at Ninewells Hospital, Tom McDonald Avenue, Dundee DD2 1NH or get in touch on 01382 632 999 or firstname.lastname@example.org