We offer Simulated Game Shooting to parties of 8 to 16 guns. This offers a chance to sample a “Driven Game” day at a much lower cost than the “real thing”. As a result, no corners are cut and the day will be as exciting as any of our driven days.
Receive great hospitality in the stunning setting of Glamis Castle. Furthermore the simulated game shooting will take place in the beautiful countryside surrounding the Castle where challenging sporting targets are shown that simulate pheasant, partridge, grouse and other game. Consequently a day of simulated game at Glamis Castle will offer the thrill and excitement of any of our driven days yet at a lower cost.
SIMULATED GAME AT GLAMIS – 2021
(please note that additional social distancing measures apply)
Shooting is normally for 8 guns as follows:
Option 1. FULL DAY’S SHOOTING – 5 drives during the day
(restrictions may apply due to COVID-19 Government regulations)
- The day begins at 9am
- Breakfast refreshments on arrival are served at Glamis Castle
- 3 drives in the morning
- Lunch in the Castle or choose a ghilles picnic out on the hill
- 2 drives in the afternoon
- Afternoon Tea and refreshments in the Castle
- Tour of the Castle (optional)
- Finish approx. 5pm
Cost – £230 per person
Option 2. HALF DAY’S SHOOTING – 3 drives during the morning/afternoon
(restrictions may apply due to Covid-19 Government regulations)
- Start 9am or 2pm
- Refreshments in the Castle on arrival
- 3 drives
- Finish 112.30 or 5.30pm
Cost – £130 per person
Tailor Made Days
It is possible to have smaller days, specific practices for different types of bird (driven grouse, high pheasants etc) and the difficulty of the target can be adjusted to match the skill of the shooters. We can cater for parties of up to 16 guns by arrangement.
Experienced Guns & Glamis House package
We encourage shooting parties to stay close by the night before the shoot and the evening of the shoot.
Glamis House is perfectly tailored for your requirements to enjoy leisure time after your day on the hill, in the luxury surroundings of Strathmore Estates. The House can sleep 6 couples all with ensuite facilities and plenty of space to park.
Your packages includes the following:
- 1 full days simulated shooting for 6 Guns
- 250 cart. per person
- 2 nights stay in Glamis House*
- Welcome hamper on arrival
- Breakfast items stocked in the fridge
- Access to Glamis Castle and Gardens
- Private 3 course dinner one night in Glamis Castle (additional £75.00 supplement per person)
- Gin Bothy Experience( additional £35.00 supplement per person)
*please note the House is self catering, beverages are not supplied. We encourage you to bring your partners at no additional charge.
Cost – £695.00 per person, based on 6 Guns in a group.
This shooting is for experienced shots. Novices must be accompanied by a suitably experienced person.
- Guests are expected to bring their own shotguns
- Guns can be hired by prior arrangement
- Guests are requested to bring their own cartridges:
- Fibre wad only
- 21g loads recommended
- Cartridges are available for sale on the day if necessary. Please call in advance to check we have the right quantity/load/calibre
- Approx 500 shots will be fired on a full day per gun
- Ear protection and eye protection is mandatory Personal insurance is required (BASC or similar organisation membership)
- PPE is available to purchase at the Castle
Please contact us for more information about our simulated game.
Phone: 01307 840242
“I was at Glamis with a team in june, my first simulated day! We were met by our host Willy who gave a warm welcome and we spent a day shooting 5 very different and varied drives of very challenging targets in stunning scenery! Lunch in the castle was delicious and the hospitality was above and beyond!! A return visit is definately in order for next year!”
“Tremendous day start to finish! Would highly recommend and looking forward to coming again in the future.”
Friendly relaxed atmosphere, with congenial hosts, and realistic simulated targets.
For further information please contact the Estate Office on 01307 840242 or firstname.lastname@example.org