Glamis Castle has received a number of prestigous awards throughout the years.
Glamis Castle holds a Gold Award for Green Tourism for its excellence in championing sustainable tourism. This is the highest accolade under the Green Tourism Business Scheme – a Visit Scotland accredited initiative.
- Visit Scotland 5 stars – This is the highest accolade in the Visit Scotland Quality Assurance Scheme and is offered to businesses that excel in what they do. Achieving this shows exceptional product quality, excellent services offered to guests and an ability to provide an outstanding visitor experience.
- CIE – Best Overall Castle Experience 2016
- CIE – Silver Award of Excellence 2012
- Tourism Retailer of the Year 2007
- VIBES – (Vision in Business for the Environment) Shortlisted – presented to organisations who demonstrate excellent environmental performance.
- Investor in People – meeting the international standard for effective investment in people
- Tayside Business Awards 2004 – Finalist in the award for International Business
- Angus Ambassador Awards 2005 – AMBASSADOR OF THE YEAR – presented in recognition of the outstanding contribution made in raising local, national and international awareness of the character, strength and opportunities in Angus.
- Angus Ambassador Awards 2003 – Winner International Ambassador
- Angus Ambassador Awards 2002 – Highly Commended Business Ambassador
- SCROOGE McDUCK Goose Egg Nugget Award 2007 – in recognition of the significant artistic contribution to the Disney Duck Genre and The Carl Barks Legacy.
- Eat Scotland Silver Award 2008 – for the quality, service and commitment to dishing up the best of Scottish food, as well as presenting the heritage of our county by offering local and regional dishes.
Wildlife Estates Scotland
After a significant amount of time and effort from the Game Department Glamis is very proud to have gained Wildlife Estates Scotland (WES) accreditation. WES started in 2010 and was developed by Scottish Land & Estates with input from Scottish Natural Heritage, the Game and Wildlife Conservation Trust, RSPB and the Cairngorms National Park Authority.
The primary aim of WES is to promote the best game, wildlife and habitat management practices through an objective accreditation system. The assessment criteria set out by WES are as follows:
- Commitment to best practice
- Adoption of game and wildlife management plans that underpin best practice
- Maintaining records of species and their habitats
- Conservation and collaborative work
- Integration with other land management activities (such as farming, forestry and tourism)
- Social, economic and cultural aspects (such as employment, community engagement and communications)
- The aims and goals of WES are fostered by the Estate and we are proud to hold the accreditation certificate