Glamis Castle, Gardens and Grounds are now open for the 2021 season.
Castle Tours, our Gardens, Hub Cafe and Gift Shop are open daily from 10am. Our Castle Kitchen opens from 11am.
We look forward to welcoming you in 2021.
UPDATE 12th May 2021
Glamis Castle open daily.
Gardens and Grounds open daily.
Food and drink will be available from both our Castle Kitchen Restaurant and Hub Cafe.
Our Castle Kitchen Restaurant offers a choice of lunch and Afternoon Tea options.
The Hub Cafe, located in the Castle Courtyard, offers a takeaway service whereby you are welcome to enjoy dining outside or at the designated outside catering areas located around the gardens.
The children’s play area will be available for use and Gift Shop open. Toilet facilities will also be open and free parking and wi-fi will be available.
It is essential to book a date and time slot prior to any visit via our online booking page. This is so that we can manage volumes and keep everybody safe during this time.
Car parks will be open and will be operating one-way routes and spaced allocation to ensure you can adhere to the 2 metre distancing rules.
Frequently asked questions
The following information and requests from us are to keep you and your family, and our staff safe whilst visiting.
We thank you in advance for following them and your ongoing support of us as a charity.
If you have a dog walking pass you must pre book your time slot at here.
When booking your day and time slot online at the booking page you will see available slots when you pick a date on the calendar.
We have introduced measures to prioritise the health of visitors and staff which is always our first priority. These measures include social distancing and information about social etiquette for our team and visitors. We ask that you please stand two metres apart from anyone not within your group or family.
Yes, our staff will remain at a social distance on your arrival, wearing appropriate PPE to be able to review your card.
Yes, it will be open, but we will be operating a one-way route and spaces allocated to ensure you can adhere to the social distancing rules.
- Giving a warm welcome at a distance
- Patrolling our site to monitor visitor activity
- Using one-way systems
- Our staff will wear gloves and use screens at pay points
- Operating a cashless system
- Using mobile toilet and catering facilities positioned outside
What we ask of you in return to show you care:
- Keep two metres away from other visitors
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds after using facilities
- Use the hand sanitiser dispensers at every opportunity
We have several staff located across the site monitoring activity, but at any time you can call 01307 840393 to speak to a supervisor.
If you have booked a ticket through a third-party agent, please contact them directly regarding refunds and transfers.
Yes and we would welcome your support by making these purchases. Whilst some of the benefits to the Annual Pass, like access to the Castle is not available at present, just as soon as Government permits we will open the currently closed areas. By donating your admission and subsequently agreeing to Gift Aid we can continue to complete vital restoration and conservation works to keep Glamis Castle maintained and secure for future generations.
At present we are only accepting renewals online at www.glamis-castle.co.uk/friendsofglamis This is to help keep you safe by minimising points of contact during your visit.
Other guidance we ask you to kindly follow whilst visiting:
- Children under 12 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult at all times.
- Cycling to and from Glamis Castle is encouraged, however we do not permit cycling in the park. Bicycle racks are provided.
- The Gardens are part of a working Estate, be aware of vehicles and works being undertaken to enable the continued enjoyment of your visit.
- Dogs must be kept on leads at all times. We welcome dogs on site and in our grounds.
- BBQs or fires are not permitted anywhere in grounds.
- Due to the historic nature of the Estate, there are uneven surfaces and walkways.
- Drones must not be used anywhere onsite for the protection of the public and buildings.
- The Estate is managed naturally to ensure that the different ecosystems work in harmony, please be aware that at different times of the year there can be insects which may sting or bite eg Blandford flies (between May and June and close to water), ticks or wasps/bees. It is recommended to follow the NHS advice on prevention of bites and stings and the guidance on symptoms and treatment if you experience a bite or sting.