10th JUNE 2018 | 12:00 - 17:00
Are you ready for the thrilling return of the Strathmore Highland Games?
Each year, on the second Sunday of June, a truly Scottish event takes place in the beautiful grounds of Glamis Castle in Angus, Scotland – the Strathmore Highland Games. It starts officially at 12 pm, yet everyone is welcome before then.
There’s lots going on like big strong men tossing cabers and throwing hammers. Light footed highland dancer’s dancing. Look out for pipers piping, runners running and cyclist’s cycling. Tug O’ War sees a crowd of men trying to pull a rope away from another crowd of men, consequently they’ll likely be sitting a while yet one team always wins!!
Treat yourself to ice-cream and have the children enjoy the bouncy castle, and races. We’ve also got some lovely Scottish food and drink stalls, and some home grown crafts folk bringing along their wares for you to browse through.
So remember – Sunday 10th June 2018, Glamis Castle, a truly Scottish day out!
Strathmore Highland Games
Be sure to follow their social media and their website for exciting news and updates!
The 2017 Strathmore Highland Games at Glamis Castle…
- 10.30am – Solo piping & Junior Heavies start piping
- 12noon – OFFICIAL OPENING OF GAMES – PIPEBAND & WELCOME FROM CHIEFTAIN
- 12noon – Highland Dancers start dancing
- 12.30pm – Track events & Heavies get going
- 1pm (ish) – Pipeband competition starts
- 2pm (ish) – Interval
- 2pm – Secondary School Tug-of-war competition
- 2.30pm – Tug-of-war competition (get comfortable)
- 3pm – Children’s Races & International Visitors Races
- 4.30pm (ish) – Mass Pipebands, Salute to Chieftain and Prize Giving
*Due to the nature of sporting events, these timings are just a guide to give you an idea of what’s on when. Some events may be brought forward or put back due to the number of competitors and the ground conditions on the day. While attending the event, the best plan is to listen to our fantastic commentator who will keep you right with what’s what!